We are planning our Flu Vaccination Campaign and will be contacting eligible patient groups with appointment details shortly.
This year the flu vaccination campaign has been expanded to protect vulnerable people and support the NHS.
This year’s vaccine is being offered to:
- adults 65 and over
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- pregnant women
- people living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020
- children in primary school
- children in year 7 (secondary school)
- frontline health or social care workers
Later in the year, the flu vaccine may be given to people aged 50 to 64. More information will be available later in the autumn.
However, if you’re aged 50 to 64 and in an at-risk group, you should not delay having your flu vaccine
Whilst the NHS is under tremendous strain at the moment, we are committed to delivering this year’s flu jab to all of our qualifying patients. We will provide you with regular updates on the flu vaccination programme through our website, social media and text messages.
Please do not contact the practice to arrange your appointment. We will contact you in the coming weeks
In addition, routine vaccinations and immunisations continue to be important and are available at the practice.